Online Giving is the easiest way to make sure you gift is given every week or month, and is a blessing to the church body.
BIG NEWS: We are changing our giving provider!
Here is why:
1. High Service Fees are causing us to lose money given. We currently lose 3% + $.39 on every donation given through a credit/debit card. So if you give $25 a week, the church only receives $23.86 of your gift. If you do a bank draft each week at $25, we lose 1% + $.30, meaning the church only receives $24.36. This all means that not everything you give goes to ministries we support at East Brainerd. (While there are many upsides to online giving, this is the one big downside to online giving)
2. Because we lose part of your gift to our current provider, we lose $700-$900 a month in provider service fees. That is $8,400-$10,800 a year in fees paid, and money lost. We want to change that. So we changing Online Giving Providers to a service called "Rebel Give" (The name is because they are "rebelling" against the typical giving service).
Here is what that means for you, the giver:
1. Through Rebel Give, we are asking those who give to cover the cost of the fee. The GOOD NEWS is that the fee is much smaller. With Rebel Give the online fee is just 1.94% per transaction if you use a credit card or debit card. So if you give $25, you simply give $25.48, meaning the church gets all $25 of your gift. Additionally if you set your gift up directly through your bank account, it is just $.25 cents per transaction of any size. That means a gift of $25 cost $25.25, a gift of $50 cost $50.25, and so on. Only $.25 per transaction of any size. The service fees are shown to you as you set up and process your gift.
2. Our old online giving provider will end after September 1, 2019. So you will need to set up your giving with our new provider before then. A link to both the old giving service and new service will be below.
3. After September 1, 2019 your online gift will no longer be taken by the old provider.
If you have any questions, please contact the church office. We would be glad to help.
Old Giving Provider Page
New Giving Provider Page
You can also GIVE by clicking the "Rebel Give" logo anytime you see it at the bottom of any of our web pages. It looks like this:
In every way I’ve shown you that by laboring like this, it is necessary to help the weak and to keep in mind the words of the Lord Jesus, for He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ” Acts 20:35
As people of God we give because God has given so much to us.
Our gifts go towards the work of East Brainerd locally in Chattanooga, across the country, as well as globally through mission efforts.
We give to increase the Kingdom though our generosity so others may know Jesus better.
- Each East Brainerd member is called upon to give.
- Giving is about the heart.
- Our regular contribution is taken up weekly during our Sunday Worship.
- We have begun to take Online contributions to allow our members to set up one-time gifts or to set up reoccurring gifts. Follow the "Give Online" link above to set that up.
- All online contributions are secure and we do not see your bank/credit/debit information.
When you click "give" you will be taken to the online giving page where you will be asked to set up an account. This allows you access to your records, set up a one time give, or schedule your giving on a weekly, monthly, or annually basis.
Fees will be changing with the new online giving provider. Please refer to above information for how and why those fees are changing.
If you are having trouble accessing your account or the records of you online giving please contact the church office.